October: Safe Work Month events
From: Jonathan Lee
Valid from: Wednesday 26 September 2018 to Saturday 20 October 2018
Throughout October, the University will be participating in Safe Work Month, an annual national campaign by Safe Work Australia to encourage staff to be involved in health, safety and wellbeing events. During this month, the Work Health and Safety Unit will be running a number different events on each campus.
All events are free for staff to attend; however prior registration is required. Several of the events being run during October include:
* Cooking demonstration and nutrition seminar - fun and informative sessions designed to provide a deeper understanding of the value of good nutrition and provide easy ideas for healthy meals and snacks.
* Engagement Stall - enjoy a free BBQ while having the opportunity to connect with key WHS staff, including the WHS Unit, HSRs, EAP and more.
* Meditation and relaxation sessions - to assist with relaxation, reduce stress, and increase awareness.
* Posture clinic - develop an understanding of good posture and improve stability and core strength.
Staff members who participate in four or more activities during this month will be eligible for the Prize Draw, which will have three winners:
* 1st prize - Fitbit Charge
* 2nd and 3rd prize - $50 Rebel Gift Card voucher
Please visit the following website for registration and further details including campus dates, locations and times: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/whs/whs/health_and_wellbeing/safe_work_month
Spread the word and join us in promoting health, safety and wellbeing at Western!